Sunday, January 28, 2018

For a moment some better temperatures.

Goodmorning everybody!

Yes, today there seems to be a "heatwave"coming over LOL. No, don;t get excited, we only have around 9 C but that is feeling warmer than the last couple of days. Even there is a b it of sunshine, that however will disappear soon again and later we will have some rain, again.
And later this week temperatures will drop to "normal" of around 5C.
It is about time temperatures will stay warmer for a longer while and certainly we need some sunshine. It is good for people and certainly good for the soil in our garden, which is soaked!

We had a rather quiet week this time. One visit to the doctor for check up. he doctor is more or less satisfied for now, but still will keep a close eye on Jan for some time.
However she made another appointment in two weeks now, just to see how that will go and then she will have also a better view on how the medicins act. Next week Jan will have to do an echo of the belly, just for control and then the week after he will have to go to the doctor again.

Only thing is that Jan still has now a really good condition yet, although I suspected that to take a much longer time than he thinks for now!
It is only on two check-up visits ago that Jan really realized how bad he was and how tricky his situation has been. At that moment in november it didn't really came through to him.
Never mind that now, I am already happy with the situation as it is now, he is in steady condition, only has to loose a little bit moore fluid still, mostly in the legs. But that will go better and easier when he goes more for walks. A shame that most of the time weather is not great, he really needs spring to arrive soon so that it will be much nicer to go out.

Oh tomorrow Jan will have his birthday and he will have again the same age as me LOL!! Now we will have to hold on till next year May and then we will have our retirement with the pension money from the state and a bit we saved ourselves over the years when working. And then we will be free from the social benefit stuff. How wonderful that should feel!
Strange that in mind we still don;t feel the age we have. Only the body sometimes is protesting when we want to do too much LOL.

And soming to the end of this post I have a kit for you. 
named it Looking forward. Hope you can have some fun with it.
Have a fantastic week!

Download    HERE

6 comments:

Edna B said...

This is all wonderful news about Jan. I'm so glad that he is slowly getting back to his normal self. And yes, I hope the warmer temps come soon. Pogo and I would love to get out more too.

Let me wish Jan a very happy birthday a day early. I hope the sun shines and it's a wonderful day for him. Have a great day, Jan. Pogo sends you woofs and a big lick!

Retirement can be fun if you let it. I've slowed down quite a bit since I retired, but I'm still enjoying it. I hope yours' is a good time too.

You new kit looks quite lovely. Thank you. I'm so glad to see you back to designing. It means that the doldrums of past months are finally disappearing. It's nice to see you smiling more. You have a super day my friend, hugs, Edna B.

Grandma Sarge said...

Oh it is nice to hear Jan is progressing so good. One of my Gr Nephews is still in hospital. He had surgery and they removed almost the whole colon. Now he has a Colostomy bag he will have to wear for a very long time. And I was having a pitty party for myself for my 10 day hosp stay for a Blocked sm intestine. I'm ashamed of myself now reading his progress reports from my niece Juanita. She set up a caring bridge so she could post daily reports. I donated $30.00 towards the price of the caring bridge.
I'm liking the new kit. Might even pair it with the previous one A Step Back. Thank you very much.
I'll try to find some pictures among the thousands I have on thumb drives of myself so my girls will have a picture to remember the Mommy with.

Scarette said...

Thanks very much for another beautiful kit> AND Happy Birthday to Jan!

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you Kyra for this lovely download. Also belated Happy Birthday for your Birthday (sorry, I was away again).
Happy Birthday also to Jan, it is good to hear he is still doing OK...

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Thanks a lot for this gift, and, I adore your new look! Have a beautiful day! Hugs, Mat

J-me (J-me's Simple Tags) said...

Gorgeous! Thank you!!!!