Monday, February 02, 2015

Unpleasant weather around here.

Goodmorning everybody!

After a rather lazy weekend we will have to do a few things today. Not too big things, but necessary ones.
Weather here is rather unpleasant at the moment. Too low temperatures to my liking, some showers that have just rain, but also sometimes melting snow. Not too much wind, but whatever wind there is blowing is a cold one. Brrrrrrr. Now I know we shouldn;t complain because in other parts of the world there is real winter weather bothering people.

We stayed in all weekend, on Friday I did the necessary shopping, Jan made a little walk to the market and on the way he passed the bank, so he left there a bill to pay.
I spent a lot of time at the computer though, and almost finished a started kit, and also already made a start to a new one. Every now and then I did some blog reading or hopped around on internet, or left the computer for a while to wath a bit tv, it all was very relaxed.
Oh my, i just looked at the window and the sky went rather dark and now melting snow is falling down.
I see people passing on their bicycles, wrapped in warm jackets, with the hoods on their head, not looking very happy.

Coming Sunday will be the anniversairy of Séverine, which she will be celebrating for family and friends on Saturday. Of course Jan and I will pay a little visit, as we recieved a little invitation.
It is a;ways a pity of such gatherings, that you don;t have really an opportunity to have a nice talk with Heidi, which is understandable, because she is busy with Danny to provide everyone with a drink and some snacks and they have to give everybody a bit of attention.
But it will be nice to be out for a moment.

Oh, this weekend there was a bad accident in Rotterdam. Because of an explosion( we don;t know yet of what kind, but it could have been a gasleak or something similair) now about  20 appartments are heavily damaged and ca. 150 people had to leave their home. Probably damage will be so severe that restoration will not be possible. I feel so sorry for them, still a wonder that only two people had to go to hospital and others only had minor injuries and could be helped in the ambulances. But imagine, in a second you don't have a home anymore. and no idea when and where they will have another place to live! It must have been a very big explosion, in a circle of a 100-150 meters lots of windows have been shattered not to speak about the damage of the appartments most close to the explosion.
Aweful!

Well, if I want anything to be done today I think I will have to finish this post and soon take some action. Today you will have the second part of the kit Happy Moments in a Box.
Wishing you all a wonderful day, and stay safe.

Download    part 2 HERE

4 comments:

Edna B said...

Sorry to hear about the wicked weather. Want some snow? We're getting a ton of it again. Oh well. As long as it is all over before it's time for Pogo and me to leave for Florida.

I have been up since around 4 a.m. and my eyes are trying to close. I think I'll go have me a nap. It's a good day for one. So on that note, I think I'll take my cocoa and curl up in my lounge chair.

You have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you for the lovely download.
It would be very hard for those affected to have to find a new place to live on such short notice, not to mention they probably can't easily get their possessions from the damaged buildings.
Hopefully your weather will warm up a little soon...

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Thanks a lot Miss Kyra...this is a lovely kit. Sorry about your nasty weather, lots of folks have worse than we do, no snow so far this year for us, but some really brutally cold winds that we do not need as we don't get enough rain to counter the dryness. We are on water rationing and are expected to step up to the next level soon as the drought is now into the 5th year here.
Guess i will hush and chat more next time...thanks again for the other half of the kit and please thank Arlene for her gorgeous clusters too! Happy Thursday! Hugs, Mat

Evelyn Stevenson said...

I love the beautiful colors in this kit! They say spring, spring, spring!
Sincerely,
Evelyn