Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Disappointment about volunteerswork.

Goodafternoon everybody!

Only had time now to write a little post. This morning Jan and I were up early, because we had to be at the nursing home at 10.00 for the information assembly.
Beautiful home and nice people. So we had a little explanation about the in's and out's and filled in forms again.
And just a while ago when I checked our email, we already had an answer from the nursing home, that they didn;t want to go on with us any further.
This really was a disappointment. Perhaps even more for Jan than it was for me.
So we have to look around for a new one, but you should think with all the volunteers asked on the site for volunteerwork, that they would be happy to have people that are at the least a bit motivated and, like Jan, already have experience in working with elderly and such.

It is almost as hard to find a volunteerjob that suites you more or less as it is to find a proper job!
well, we;ll just have to forget it and start looking again.
Best of all is that we have proof for the social security that we are busy with it, but had no success till now. And you almost cannot apply for several aat the same time, because there always is a waiting time till you have an interview and then have to wait for a decision etc.etc. But if we dont find smeting ourselves, there is possibility that social security points out some volunteerwork to you that you will have to accept, and I rather find one myself, that is a bit to my liking, you know?

Weather here is kind of okay, we have no frost anymore, till now, but we could do with some more sunshine.


There isn;t much more to tell, guess inspiration for writing is gone for a moment, because of the rejection for the volunteerjob. 
And I almost have to start making dinner, so I better sign off now, with a lovely freebie for you from Arlene, made with the Curious kit.
Hopefully Friday I will be more cheerful again, LOL.
Have a great day.

Download    HERE

4 comments:

Grandma Sarge said...

Thank you Arlene for the clusters to go with the Curious kit. I like the frames.

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you Kyra for these lovely pieces by Arlene.
It is disappointing when you don't get a job you are hoping for. Hopefully another volunteer job will present itself for you and Jan soon...

Edna B said...

Good morning Kyra. Gosh I am so sorry that the nursing home did not work out for you and Jan. Maybe something better will come along. It's sad when volunteer work is so difficult to find.

We are all gearing up for another nasty storm. Meanwhile I'm not having any luck finding a company to come out and clear the snow off my roofs. I'll make some more calls today.

Now it's time to feed Pogo and start those calls. You have a great day my friend. Hugs, Edna B.

VJ's Scrap Room said...

Good morning Kyra:)
Just wanted to say hi and let you know that I haven't forgotten you my friend! I was able to catch up a little on your posts..but will need to make a return trip soon in order to be fully informed.:) Will comment more on the return trip.

Huge hugs,
Valinda