Monday, December 29, 2014

Snow almost all disappeared again.

Goodmorning everybody!

We took it very easy this weekend, mostly watching tv(speedskating, for one) and catching up some sleep. the two days of Christmas were kind of exhausting in the way, we went to bed rather late, because there were some nice detectives to watch, but they only started just after midnoght! What a time to broadcast it!
Of course we could have taped them on dvd, but it was so nice and cosy and why not watch them right away?
Saturday I went out for a moment, it then was snowing.rianing a bit, and the streets were covered with that aweful mix of melting snow. But it wasn;t still too bad, and the temperature was quite good.
Yesterday it was still there, but this morning almost all was gone already, only in the garden some of it is still there, but will be gone soon enough. with temperatures a few degrees higher.
I am glad it is almost gone again, for me this was winter enough LOL.

I should be nmore energetic today, doing some jobs in the house and probably tomorrow I will be in the kitchen for a while, baking our traditional "oliebollen"and "appelflappen", something like this:

Above is the  appelflap", obvious made with apple and cinnaomon.
And here the "oliebol"filled with raisins, but you can also put in whatever you want, small dices of apple, or banana, or dried fruit. But I like them best the "old"way, only lots of raisins in them.
And best of it is to eat them with LOADS of icing sugar LOL!

And then the year 2014 is almost done with already. Cannot believe it went by so quickly, lots of things happened in our life this year, and it wasn't always the bst but we hope next year will give us some more good things and it will be more "relaxed". For all that health is looking good upon us, that is a very important thing.

Not much more to tell, so better i give you the freebie for today, two clusters and a quickpage made by Arlene, so pretty, made with the Precious Winter Green kit.
Have a lovely day.

Download    HERE

5 comments:

Edna B said...

Oh my, those desserts look so delicious!! I agree a lot has happened this year, and hopefully next year is going to be a fabulous year!!!

I would like to be able to get out more with my camera, and maybe take a few "mini" vacations with Pogo. So hopefully the new year will be a fun year.

Today is sunny and not too cold but we have an Artic Freeze coming in and it will be here for quite a while.

I'm just thinking "Spring". It's less than three months away. Woo Hoo! Kyra, you have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

Grandma Sarge said...

I too am thankful the rush to parties, and gatherings is almost done. I do New Year in front of the TV, watching from one time zone to another.

Thank you to Arlene for the pretty clusters. I'm using the kit right now to make a page of the Gr-grandson in his new car.


Thank you and Happy and Prosperous New Year to you and Jan.

Moggie said...

The pastries look really good! I hope you had a lovely Christmas. I used some more of your lovely sparkly things here: http://ladyoftheapocalypse.deviantart.com/art/We-Three-Kings-503477927 I hope you and Jan have a wonderful and blessed new year!

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Thanks again for the lovely kit and for Arlene's gifts too. Just popped in for a bit of catch up...tired, all CHRISTmas decorations are down and put away. Today was nice about 57F, but the bottom is to fall out tomorrow and we are to have freezing rain and then rain and cold for the rest of this week. So, got it all done today and am pooped...so think I will go to bed early. Glad your Christmas was wonderful and Brodski looks terrific and happy. My brood is waiting for me on the bed....keeping it warm for me...LOL! Y'all have a great end of the year and best wishes for a safe, happy, healthy and prosperous 2015! Hugs, Mat

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you for this lovely download.
It certainly has been a mixed year for so many people, I hope that 2015 will be a better year for everyone...