Monday, June 16, 2014

Hoorray for Holland.

Goodmorning everybody!

Golly gosh, it was an enervating weekend!
But between all sport I even did manage to do some housework, at least I did iron all laundry, and washed another load. Also some little shopping was done, and some garden work, also bought us some plants for two long planters/
Saturday I made us a big pan of soup for dinner and we had that also on Sunday. How easy but still tasty and I made the soup well-filled, so it did fill our stomach.
Although the weather changed a bit, we still had nice weather, only today it is cloudy and even is raining a bit. I hope there will be enough rain to wet the garden so we don;t have to water it ourselves.
Our first tomatoes appeared on the plants. Of course they are still tiny, but there is a beginning LOL.
Also our bean plants start to flower, so in a few weeks we might be able to gather enough long green beans for a dinner LOL>
I will try to make a few photos of the garden later this week, from the new planters and also from some lilies that start flowering.

But as I already announced on Friday, this weekend would be filled with sports and we had some gret successes. First on Friday there was the soccer WC and our team had to play against Spain. And how well they did, they really surprised all fans. Spain was beaten with 5-1 goals, amazing!
Saturday there was the final of the WC field hockey, The Netherlands against Australia for women teams. And our ladies won the gold!
Sunday the men had to play the final, also against Australia. That wasn;t such a success for us, the Australian team was way to strong for us, so congratulations Aussies!
Still we can be proud of our men team, they have the silver, still not bad at all!

Today looks to be a good day to do some work in the house, as long as it isn;t so sunny. Definately the house can do with a good dusting and vacuum cleaning. And if there is still some energy left, I  might sort out a few cupboards in the kitchen. Not promising but I will try ROFL!

I have part two of the Beftime stories kit for you. As I finished even another kit yesterday, I may be can start with a new one after this posting. Not yet sure what it will be, but after I decided what color palette I will use, surely something will come up.
Have a wonderful day!

Download    part 2 HERE



3 comments:

Edna B said...


Good morning Kyra. Congratulations on your teams' wins over the weekend. It's always good to see our local young people do well.

It's looking to be a rather nice day today, but we have more rain on the way soon. I can't wait to see more photos of your garden. It must be looking quite beautiful now.

Some of my plants are not doing as well as they did last year, but I blame the weather we've had for that. Maybe next year will be better for the plants.

I'm at work, and will be heading on home soon. I just love Monday mornings!! lol. You have a fabulous day my friend.
Hugs, Edna B.

Grandma Sarge said...

Thank you for part 1 and part 2 of Bedtime Stories. I haven't opened them up yet but I will do that today and see what all we have to play around with. Looking forward to the clusters from Arlene.

Congrats on the sports wins. I don't watch sports with my family...they get too boisterous about them. I just play on my computer.

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you for this lovely download.
Congratulations to your country's teams on doing so well in their sporting competitions.
I hope you get lots more lovely weather, with enough rain every now and then that you don't have to water by hand...