Friday, May 09, 2014

the word LAZY covers our week LOL!

Goodmorning everybody!

Yes, it is true, we are rather lazy this week. Somehow noting much comes out of our hands.
I think it happens once in a while to all of us, and it's no shame, but it has to change soon again.
I suppose it also has to do a bit with the weather change we have at the moment.
Yesterday almost all day was gray and later on it started to rain. I know, I always say it's good for the garden, but it shouldn;t last all too long neither.
I was thinking of going to the market perhaps today, but I fear that will not happen.
Today the wind is blowing rather fierce and sky is grey and perhaps more rain will come.
So not nice to be outside, and specially not for me with that hard wind, because it's no fun to walk around with one or two bricks in the pockets of my coat LOL!
So instead I hope to do some laundry, ironing and vacuum cleaning, which is really necessary.
Well, when I dive into it I can do it all in a short time and then we'll see what to do with the remaining time. I have my afghans waiting to be finished and the other to continue on, also a scrapbook kit that is almost ready, and a few other little projects I want to do in PSE.

Yesterday we watched the other semi final of the Eurovision SOngcontest, and I have to say it was much less good than the 1 st one, which perhaps opens perspectives fo our Dutch singers.
We also watched some darts( we have some very good Dutch darters in the Premier League, so it;s always interesting) and we have a couple of more "favourites"playing.
After the Songcontest and a bit of darts, Jan put up a DVD recording of a film and it was such a nice one that it made me watch it till the end with result I went to bed very very late!
It is perhaps not the most exciting film, but I really enjoyed it and we also had a couple of good laughs. Perhpas Jan and I have a ttrange sense of humor, but I think the characters were great and somehow you get "involved"with them.
Here a summary of the film plus a link to a trailer of it.

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel follows a group of British retirees who decide to "outsource" their retirement to less expensive and seemingly exotic India.  Enticed by advertisements for the newly restored Marigold Hotel and bolstered with visions of a life of leisure, they arrive to find the palace a shell of its former self.  Though the new environment is less luxurious than imagined, they are forever transformed by their shared experiences, discovering that life and love can begin again when you let go of the past.

http://www.foxsearchlight.com/trailer/144/trailer/

That's it for today, but I am not leaving without a freebie. I have a kit for you that suits this weekend holiday Mother's Day(well, at least Sunday it is the day here in The Netherlands).
I will give you one part today, the second download next week.
Kit is named "Still missing you Mama". I think I was a bit inspired by thinking of my mother, passed away already a long time ago(22 years!), but I was lucky to have a real great mother and at times I still miss her, as well as I miss my father. It doesn;t matter what age you have, there will be always that "I miss you"feeling for our loved ones. But it brings also back a lot of good memories, and we should cherish them, that way the loved ones still stay with us in a way, deep down in our hearts.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Download     part 1  HERE



5 comments:

Edna B said...

A lazy day is good for the soul, especially when it is raining and the wind is blowing. It's a good time to catch up on TV, crafts and napping. lol.

Your Mothers day kit is lovely. I agree, we always miss our loved ones who are gone, but the memories that we keep are wonderful.

Now I'm off to enjoy a "semi" lazy day. I'll just do a little bit of work, then it will be time to curl up in my lounge chair and watch TV and crochet. Yes'm, a very good idea!

You have a wonderful day my friend, hugs, Edna B.

Grandma Sarge said...

Thank you for the beautiful kit. Mama is a good theme for this weekend. Thanks very much.

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you for this lovely download.
I agree that no matter how old we get, we miss our loved ones who are not longer with us, especially those who were closest to us.
Also, it is always good to have some rest days, our bodies need time to relax occasionally...

Mats World said...

Good Morning and thank you so much for the lovely gift, can't wait for the rest. I made a page for each sister and their daughters for Facebook this morning to celebrate Mother's Day...even added a collaged on to my blog using your kit...thanks again for all you so generously share! Have a fabulous weekend ahead, chat more on Monday. Hugs, Mat

Lianna said...

I miss my mum so much too, 12 years this year. Hugs x