Monday, February 03, 2014

Till now so lucky with the weather.

Goodmorning everybody!

Writing this post in a quiet room(Jan is still asleep) and looking out of the window I see an almost blue sky and sunshine! Some days we have some rain too, but on the whole we still are lucky with the weather and it appears to become even a bit better this week.
From what I saw on the weather channel, the whole week we will have temperatures around 6-7C( ca. 42-44F) and later this week even one or two degrees higher, with a bit of rain but also lots of sunshine and the only thing which will be spoiling this, could be the wind. Just a bit to strong blowing, but if that is all, we shouldn;t complain.

We had a nice weekend, in which we even did some little jobs in the house, but I also had some computer time, of course, and could finish a kit.

Received an email yesterday in which an invitation for the birthday of Séverine (my friend Heidi's daughter). Can you believe it that the girl already will have her 12th birthday???
She will celebrate it on Saturday, so we will go there somewhere in the afternoon.

Jan is slowly making progress with the extension room, we even can walk there again, without having to jump over all kind of things and stuff LOL!
Oh no, it's not ready yet, but not too far away we can see light in the tunnel. We still will have to go through a lot of things in the closets and boxes that are there and really must sort out the lot, and get rid of many things. Unbelievable how much stuff you can gather over the years, and hang on to it, although many things you never use anymore. We also have way too many books standing all over the house, we will have to sort them out thouroughly also and find a way to get rid of them.

I think today will be a good day to hop over to the market, we could do with some veggies and at the same time we can buy us some cheese. It will do us good to be outside for a while, and weather looks to be perfect for it today.

It's going to itch somewhat with us, that this week already there are the Winter Olympics!
It's only a pity that there is always politics involved. In a way those events are a good thing to let the world know, that lots of things aren;t well yet in the world and need to be changed, but on the other hand I don;t think  the sporters should mingle in that. They are there to perform the best they can in their sport and they need to concentrate on that only, and shouldn;t  be forced in anyway to deal with political issues.
Wherever Olympics are taking place (winter or summer Olympics) in every country there are things not going well, it may be in human rights, or democracy or whatever you can think of, that are things for politicians and all kind of organizations to deal with and perhaps make an effort to better them. But sporters just should think of their sport for which they trained years and years.

Okay, before I get carried away completely, I better stop now LOL!
Let's go to the freebie for today. It's named "Souvenir d'Enfance" ( Childhood memory), and has a real vintage feeling over it. I've made a preview of both the papers and kit for you, plus that you get some awesome clusters made by Arlene.
Going to make me some fresh coffee now, do a bit more bloghopping, I think, and then it will be time to get ready for the market.
Have a wonderful day!

Download    HERE

Download    HERE




5 comments:

Edna B said...

You are lucky with your weather. We are expecting several inches of snow today and more on Wednesday. Goodie goodie! Gosh, Severine is growing so fast. In no time at all, she'll be a teenager. What fun. Enjoy your visit this weekend. You have a nice day now, I'm getting ready for my nap. Hugs, Edna B.

Avril H said...

Beautiful colours. Many thanks :)

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Good evening, I have been scrapping all day and not once have I deviated from it, not even to eat...so now I must do that and then I need to finish the dishes and it will be time to dress for bed...LOL! But it was a very productive day for me.
Thanks for the beautiful kit and for Arlene's share as well. We had some much needed rain with a little sleet yesterday, cool today but sunny, and tomorrow we are expecting more rain and colder temps...I will be sitting with Jan for a little spell tomorrow morning as her hubby has a test at the doctors, then on Wednesday, weather permitting, I have to do my mammogram...Ugh, I hate to do those, but it is necessary. Well, off here, like you am so anxious to watch the Olympics. Have a great week ahead, chat more later. Hugs, Mat
BTW thanks again for the 2 new surprises...I like finding those in my mail! Love ya! Mat

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you for these lovely downloads. I hope you managed to get all the things done that you wanted to...

Michele said...

Beautiful! Thank you!