Friday, November 29, 2013

I do have to make a rhyme this weekend!

Goodmorning everybody!

It all together isn;t so bad yet. wednesday afternoon Heidi and family came by to have already a rhyme for the Sinterklaas for Séverine. This one had to be for somebody of her scouting club. Well, I managed to make one for her. I am not completely satisfied with it, but there was so little time!
Séverine was quite happy with it, and at home she and her mother always could change it a bit.
Now I have to make another for a boy in her class at school. Heidi already had some lines ready, now up to me to finish it. Pfffff, sometimes it is hard, you know, specially when you know nothing about the person. Hopefully I get some inspiration later today.

Yesterday Jan went to his doctor's appointmet. In general, all was well with him, even his liver seemes to be a bit better. But now another problem came up. It seems he has, just a tiny, umbilical hernia. Nothing shocking, but he has to keep an eye on it. as soon as it stays hard all day or, even worse, he gets a severe pain at it, we should call his cotor immediately, or in case of a really acking pain an ambulance. So he has to be more careful lifting heavy stuff, specially for longer time, and better not to do it too often. Poor fellow has no real luck lately. It's such a small hernia there, that it might even "repair"itself. 
I am glad later in the evening yesterday he told me about the visit at the doctor and his conversation. Most of the time, when nothing too much changed, he only tells me that it was okay, so now that he explained more, it means it worries him somewhat. Difficult husband I have at times, really have to pull out some words about a doctor's visit mostly.
But we shouldn;t worry too much for the time being, the doctor said. Okay, we will try not to.
It definately means that with this on top of his back trouble, he will not be able to return to the health care I think. Specially not the house care, where he also has to cycle around a lot. Oh well, we will see what time will bring.
Next week the reintegration counselor will call, to have a little conversation wiht Jan, about how he is doing. Well, he has enough to tell him, LOL. I sometimes wonder why they just make a telephone call? I think it should be better to actually see the person involved, and the more stunning to me is, that it isn;t the doctor of the sickness benefits. I know, there are a lot of people in the sickness benefits but not all have the same issue. Some are just sick for a short time, with nothing special, but this I don;t understand completely. But, why bother ourselves with those questions? 
If that's the way they want to deal with it, okay for me.
They say sometimes that God works in mysterious ways, but you can say that too from government authorities LOL!

I was rather busy yesterday, with Jan away for a while, I went to the supermarket a bit further away, where I buy several things a lot cheaper than in "our"supermarket, and stuff is just as good. I came home and turned on the washing machine, took a quick sandwich, and ironed some dry laundry. Even sorted out again a little bit of the mess in the extension, and thought that was enough for the day LOL.
Weather was not too bad, it was dry and hoorray not much wind. It's often the wind that makes it feel a lot colder. Today I will have to do some more running forth and back and should try to do a bit of work around the house. 
So I better not linger around too long anymore, and hop over to the freebie. It's just a small one today, a Nutshell kit for Thanksgiving. With that day behind you, you probably will have some photos you want to scrap and may be this little kit will offer you the ingredients for it.
No add-on from Arlene to it, I think I will receive it later. Hopefully you are not too disappointed.
Oh before I leave I should remind you that ON SUNDAY I WILL HAVE A SMALL POST, BECAUSE THAT IS THE 1ST OF DECEMBER AND THE START OF THE WORLDWIDE CHRISTMAS SCRAPBOOKING BLOGTRAIN!!!!!
Better to have some space left on your computer, because I am sure there will be a lot of beautiful freebies to snatch there. 
For now, I wish you a wonderful day and weekend.
Download     HERE

3 comments:

Edna B said...

What a lovely little kit. The colors are perfect for Thanksgiving photos. So sorry to hear of Jan's new health problem, but better to find out about it now. He may have to retire from the heavier types of work.

Kyra, you have such energy! You manage to accomplish so much in such a short time. Gosh, some days I could use that energy!!

Our day yesterday was simply wonderful. Even Pogo had a fabulous dinner. It was truly the way Thanksgiving was meant to be. Now I'm off to find some mischief to get into. You have a fabulous day, hugs, Edna B.

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you for this lovely kit...

VJ's Scrap Room said...

Good morning Kyra:)
I finally got a few minutes to pay a visit again.:)
SO sorry Jan is having problems with a hernia.Hope he takes it easy so it can heal properly.
I LOVE your Grateful kit.Thank you so much for sharing.:)
I am in a rush. Thursday was Thanksgiving and we had family over.We all decorated the house for CHRISTmas after dinner and then...yesterday they returned for left overs and a CHRISTmas movie.Tonight we celebrate Zander's 3rd birthday. I will most likely do NOTHING tomorrow...Except collect your new CHRISTmas kit.LOL
Have a TERRIFIC weekend my friend!

Hugs,
Valinda