Friday, August 16, 2013

Slowly does the trick too!

Goodmorning everybody!

Yippee, on Wednesday I did the opposite wall of the one I did before. It is going to look better and better!
Yesterday however we took a day off of the painting. First I had to do some food shopping, at that time it was raining a little bit, not enough to get soaked, so that was allright. Temperatures were wonderful, and later the rain stopped, it oly took some time before the sun came through.
Then we spent all afternoon with the cleaning of part of the things we took off the wall, and oh whee, you really get a shock when you hold them in your hand and then give it a thourough cleaning.
In the time I was busy cleaning, Jan took the things that were done and hanged them on the wall again. Here and there we changed the "composition"a bit, and we have back our house (for a part) again, with an impression of having a kind of new home LOL!
Sitting on the couch in the evening, every now and then Jan and I point out a little thing to eachother with a big smile and words like "look, how nice it looks now, all is so bright and shining, looks really great, doesn't it?".
Good thing to take a little break from the big work, but today I will continue with another part of the wall.
But first I will have to take out the books of the bookcase, only then we will be able to push it away a bit.
Oh well, good opportunity to dust the books, perhaps re-arrange them a bit. Hopefully I will get done the whole wall of the back of the room at one side today, would be wonderful.

So no time to linger all too long at the computer.
I received a lot of new clusters from Arlene this week, and oh boy, she has some wonderful treats for you. But first the kit for today, named "Visit to Granny". A nice vintage looking kit, and Arlene made you a wonderful pageborder and two sweet clusters.
Have a fantastic weekend!

Download    HERE
Download    HERE

5 comments:

Edna B said...

Such a pretty kit and page border and frames. You ladies make awesome scraps. It's good you are doing one wall at a time. It's such a nice feeling when everything is new and fresh. I can't wait to see photos of the finished work. In another hour I will be getting ready to leave for work, and I'll take Pogo with me today. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you for these wonderful downloads.
I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend...

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Finally found time to stop by today, been way toooooooo busy! Thanks for the awesome gift you sent to me again! Lovely kit as usual and Arlene's is o so pretty too! Thanks for sharing it.
Bet you can't wait to finish with the painting and have your totally "new" home. Just don't overdo you or Jan and you get ill.....LOL!
I totally steam cleaned my guest bathroom and the laundry room and did the floors and cabinets. Cleaned the kitty "nose art" off the windows too....LOL! My boss was over today as well and we set up our strategy for shutting down her office. I will probably be on the payroll for another 6-8 weeks until all the claims are paid and all patient statements have been collected. (good for my bank account)! Well, gonna take the rest of the evening off and watch some TV. Tomorrow yard work must be done as the last of the rain showers were this morning and the grass has really sprouted up. No rain forecast for the weekend but temperatures in the high 80's low 90's! Never ends does it?
Have a fabulous weekend and I will chat with you again on Monday!
Hugs my friend! Mat

Anonymous said...

Once again- Thank you!

HappyScreens said...

Wow! Thanks to you both.