Monday, November 19, 2012

Speed skating weekend

Goodmorning everybody!
It was nice to see again some speed skating after a long time. And I must say our Dutch competitors, men as well as the women, did very well.
So good hopes for the real big events, like European and World Championships.
I must say I was a little bit lazy these past few days. This also a little due to following the skating in the afternoon. Still did some necessary shopping, even went to the supermarket with the tram and this time it was open again. Came hope with a filled shopping car, that will last for some time.
I even did a bit of ironing during the weeked, but will have to finish that today.

Weather here is rather chilly, although still not too bad. Only today some mist is floating over and that makes it always unpleasant to be outside. Oh well, it's the time of the year. As long as there is no frost(well, only some during the night, but here at the coast not severe one), we can be happy.

Yesterday I sent in the preview for my contribution to the World Wide Christmas Scrapbooking Blogtrain! The train will depart 1 st of December. I don;t have just a kit, but also matching page overlays and clusters from Arlene. So don;t forget the date and have some great time looking at all the contributions at the blogtrain. I am sure it will be a loooong list with names.
Antoinette of Dutch Sparky is the initiator of it, already for several years. She deserves a big thank you to for all the work she is investing in it.!

Still busy with the knitting and crocheting, LOL. It will not take long anymore, before it's finished.
It really isn;t anything special, and not really done in a fancy pettern, but for the moment it suites our needs, hahaha. Now I must find something else to make, I like being busy when watching tv.

Oh, this weekend we also had the arrival from our Sinterklaas! A LOT of little children were very nervous but also happy that finally the good man is here and they could put their shoe near the chimney at night, filled with a carrot for the horse of Sinterklaas and hopefully receive a little present or some candy in return!! The big day will be on the 5th of December, that is the date of the holiday.
I can remember it well from my childhood, it was a fantastic time!
Some links for you to get an iedea!
http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2012/11/sinterklaas_is_back_in_the_net.php

Want to see more, I have found a little videao too!

http://nos.nl/video/441622-sinterklaas-komt-aan-in-roermond.html

This video is of the "official"Sinterklaas( he has many "assistant Sinterklaas"because the old man cannot do it all by himself LOL). Sorry, the comment is in Dutch.
They had again invented a great story! Sint came with a smaller steamboat, so there was no place on it for his white horse. He did sent it by post, so on the day of his arrival Sinterklaas could ride his horse. But oh whee, panic all around! The horse didn;t arrive yet when Sinterklaas was on the river already! So the police had to come to help, and with some fantasy and initiative they got the horse in time to Sinterklaas. An accident like this always happens, but that is to blame on his helpers, the Zwarte Pieten(Black Peter). Every year there is something else that happens, I love the fantasy of the people who think of it!

That was the weekend here. It was a nice one all together!
On to the kit now, A sweet kit, with even two previews of Arlene's clusters (she gets sometimes very enthousiastic and makes lots of them LOL), and named "My Auntie's Cottage".
Have fun with it and have a marvellous day!
Download   HERE

Download     HERE


5 comments:

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Good Monday Morning, so happy you had a slow enjoyable weekend just relaxing! I did as well. Did not EVEN TURN MY COMPUTER ON YESTERDAY! That was really lazy!! I enjoyed the football game of our Dallas Cowboys (we won again) then the final NASCAR races of this year. It was a very relaxing day for me. I received news that a dear friend passed on Saturday that was a little distressing, but she has been ill for awhile. Am happy she is now out of pain! Thank you so much for the lovely kit and Arlene's clusters! Can't wait till the WW Christmas Blogtrain starts, gonna clean up my files so I will have room! Have a great week ahead, Check in on Wednesday! Lots of Hugs! Mat

Edna B said...

I enjoyed your article on Sinterklaas. We all have such similar customs and traditions. It just goes to show how small the world really is. We are all very much alike even if we don't know it.

This is a super nice time of year because of the holidays. People seem to be nicer and are more willing to help someone else in need.

Wayne has just left. He cleaned out my laptop and installed my new Photoshop. Now I can settle down to some serious playtime. lol.

You have a wonderful night my friend. Hugs, Edna B.

HappyScreens said...

Thanks for the great kit - love Arlene's cluster with the fence!

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you for these lovely downloads...

Unknown said...

Good day to you Kyra, and a huge thank you for these downloads. I am loving going through your blog one day at a time and discovering the new kits each day.... I love this set very much.