Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Gorgeous weather!

Goodmorning everybody!

It's really gorgeous weather here, it's feeling like full summer. Normal temperatures would be around 64F(18C) but we have now around 75F (24 C). It's unbelievable. In early Spring we had a period of much warmer weather than normal, then temps dropped, which was really a dip LOL. But now it is great again. Of course we spent time in the garden, it's even that warm in the sun, that the parasol was needed!
The garden is coming to full growth now, and every day I spot some new flowerbuds. I almost cannot wait to see the fist rose bud to open, it will take just one or two days more I guess. Same with a Clematis, who has lots of buds.

Yesterday I went out for a quick grocerie shopping, and when I came home, I noticed that the laundry was taken out of the machine and that the washing machine was busy. So I looked into it and saw that there were the big curtains from the back of the room turning around. Whee, that had to be done by Jan. So I went into the living room and saw Jan busy with washing the windows and garden doors. Oh, what a sweetie!
Now it is all looking clear and fresh again.!
With him busy, I took out the vacuum cleaner to give the house a quick sweep, oh, and on Monday I did some of the ironing too.
I am sitting here though with a bruised spot on the right part of my chest,and it hurts when making moves. That happened yesterday in the supermarket. Done with my shopping I had to put back the shopping cart. Giving it a good push into another cart, mine suddenly blocked, so I collapsed with the grip of my cart, the corner of it into one of my ribs. OUCH! That hurt!
I think soon I will have all colours of the rainbow there! Not funny, it hurts when coughing, or getting up from the couch and that sort of thing. I suppose it's my own fault, I am uncareful at times. Hopefully it will be gone in a few days. I often get "wounded" because I am to hasty, and not careful enough, so bumps on my head, or bruises on my legs or arms, or cuts in my finger when cooking, it seems to be part of my life LOL!

Oh, I bought two French Pelargoniums yesterday, one in a very dark red and one in a hard, splashing pink. I immediately made some cutlings and hope they will grow out to real plants! In Spring and Summer I take cutlings from eveything I can, or devide some bigger plants. It's not always the exact time for it, but I just try it out. And am happy as a little child when it has succes! Have to make a confession to you! When walking, alone or with Jan, we pass of course lots of gardens and parks. And sometimes, when it is possible I pich cutlings from bushes or big plants, when they hang over to the street a bit. And some of them I still have, now as matured plant or bush.  I know, it isn't done, grin, but I just cannot resist it.

Today or tomorrow, when the weather is still as gorgeaous as yesterday, Jan and I might take a walk to the seaside. I love to walk along the seaside when it's this nice weather and it might be the good time for it, just before the start of the Pentecost weekend, it will not be too crowded yet. We are just not sure where to go: to Scheveningen, biggest place, or to Kijkduin, a much smaller seaside resort in The Hague.

Well, time to get dressed now and enjoy this beautiful morning in the garden, having a cup of coffee. This time of day, it isn;t yet too warm, and sooooo quiet! With a beautiful concert from a blackbird, what do you want more?

On to the freebies then. First some fantastic clusters from Arlene, made with the Souffle du Printemps kit.
Download     HERE

And my kit is a very joyous looking one in a two colour scheme, "Feeling Happy". I think it's lovely for happy spring and summer layouts.
Have a fabulous day!
Download    HERE

10 comments:

Edna B said...

I will have to look up the French Pelargoniums to see what they look like. Your garden sounds gorgeous! I have some roses just starting to bloom now, along with a few other plants. So far, the blossoming cherry tree has not had any blossoms but we are still hoping. What a great idea, picking up clippings of different plants along your travels. Can't wait to see the photos from your seaside walk. You have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

Tracey said...

Thank you so much Arlene & Kyra.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Kyra & Arlene, for todays gifts.
If the weather passes up your way, as it usually does at this time of year, expect some overcasts to come. Don't see any rain just yet, just two days of clouds, with a bit of wind on Monday night after the fireworks. But it sure beats that blazing hot sun. We are 1 month ahead on the weather temps and we put the A/C's in already a month ago. I dread the full summer, it will be way too hot to even enjoy a good walk in the day for our dog, or us LOL. We layed out a sprinkler hose around the garden, just a hose with holes in it, so we can water the garden. Hopefully we won't lose anything from too much heat. I am off to buy a large brim hat, some roast for a nice stew and sandwiches, some salad mixings and potatoes. This afternoon I will sit and read to the children at the library, play some games and make some craft for them to take home.
Thank you again. Have a wonderful day.
Huggins
Pat

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Thanks Kyra for Feeling Happy kit. I am happy for your nice weather, here it is already hot, hot, hot for me at 36c and climbing daily. We so need some rain now, cause we have the wind too that is drying out all my plants...LOL! Have a great day!

Bright Eyes said...

Another darling kit. You amaze me with your talent. Thanks so much for sharing with us.

LOL over how you aquire some of your 'cuttings'.....

Anonymous said...

Hello and Thank you for these lovely downloads...
Linda

Anonymous said...

Hello again, I hope your bruise goes away without causing you too much more pain...
Linda

HappyScreens said...

Thanks to Arlene for the new clusters and to you Kyra for another beautiful kit!

TheCuteTigerBaby said...

Thank you so much for your wonderful freebies dear Kyra. Very good job, I love it. Hugs from Moni

Anonymous said...

Thank you to Kyra and Arlene for the most beautiful scraps! So sweet :)
from Pickles