Friday, May 18, 2012

Disappointing weather

Goodmorning everybody!

You know you should never count fully on the weather report, but somehow you do. And we were told to have quite some sunshine yesterday, but that didn;t happen. I already had in mind to spend a nice afternoon in the sun, with a new bought garden magazine to read(they are rather expensive, but sometimes I cannot resist LOL), but no, we almost didn;t see the sun. Still we spent a bit of time in the garden, seeding some plants, I re-potted a few into a bigger container, and such. For doing some work it was allright outside.
I was all happy about the detective on Wednes evening, when I told you about it, but I was a bit wrong, we didn;t have Midsummer Morders, but another detective'Trial and Retribution", also not too bad, but I like the other one much better. Still had a nice evening, hahaah!

The last couple of days we heard about the cost cutting measurements of our interim-government and oh boy, life isn;t going to be easy for a lot of people!
A few of them: the taxes go up from 19% to 21% on about everything, only not(yet) the food.
We have to pay each an own risk-amount in the health care insurance, which will go up from €250, 00 p.p. to  €350,00. Then the retiring age is going up from 65 years to 67 years, in a few fases, but they want it to be 67 years in 2023.
Then there are new rules for new mortgages, and if they hold on to it, even less people will buy another house, and for starters it will be even more difficult, which will result into an even more difficult situation on the house-market, which is already stagnating.
There is even talk about a rule for people who will have to spent time in hospital, they would have to pay themselves €7,50 a day for occupying a bed.
Oh, they say the lower incomes will somehow will be compensated a bit via the taxes on the wages, they would be lowered a bit, but inall you will have less to spend.
Oh, probably the rents for appartments will go up too, and this is only a little part of it.
This is just the part of governmental measurements.
Not to speak about the raise of the monthly costs for water and electricity, not just a few pennies, but for each household about €170 a year. And I am surethere will be a raise for some of the council taxes too.
Everybody knows that measurements have to be taken to keep a country sound and prosperous, but I think they want to do it in a too short time and that will not be good to engourage the economy here.
And as almost ever the lowest incomes aregoing to be hit the hardest.
Not a nice perspective for next year.

I am sure it will end up in more poverty, more debts for a lot of people, and you could say everyone who works, could survive, but that's also a problem, there is a big unemployment already and I fear that will only become bigger.  And then knowing that e.g. they just spend around € 250.000,00 to buy a few new Chnook helicopters for the army, because they think the ones we already have aren;t enough up-to-date anymore, and spending millions in a JSF fighter aeroplane, which is still in try-out fase, and we don;t hear anything about tackling the banks and real large companies for their money handling culture, you just wonder if we are stupid and not understanding or that somehow politic has changed to the worse?

Oh well, we should survive the crisis and I think we will, but at a lot of costs!

Let's go on to a much happier subject, LOL, cause I don;t want you to go into the weekend all depressed by my rambling.
I have some wonderful goodies for you, starting with a link to Linda's blog, who has made two beautiful quickpages for you with my Souffle du Printemps kit. I'll give you one preview, but both are to download on  http://linda-ohwhatfun.blogspot.com

Then I have 3 quickpages from Arlene for you, made of several of my kits.
Download    HERE


And last but not least, ROFL, my kit for you. Because the sun was letting us down a little bit, I thought we could do with some sunny papers and elements in a kit, and it ended up in "Rays of Sunlight". Hope you can do something with it.
Now I truly have to do some things around the house today, the usual boring stuff, grin grin, but if I tackle it in a good way, it can be done rather quickly. And may be we could have a sunny moment in the garden too.
Have a great day and wonderful weekend!
Download     HERE

7 comments:

Chris Allport said...

Kyra

When I click on the link for Arlene's quick pages I get a message saying that this is a threat to my computer and I can't download.

Can you please check the link for me.

Thank you.

Lots of luv

Chris

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies (please, notice the new url for my blog), under the Page 5 post on May. 18, 2012. Thanks again.

Edna B said...

Good morning Kyra. So sorry the weather is not so nice yet. We are having a run of some nice days so I want to work in the garden a bit this weekend. I have to agree about the way government does things. Once they finish off the working class, I wonder who they they think will pay all their wonderful new taxes?

Your ladies are doing wonderful work with your kits. I checked Linda's blog to see the lovely QP's that she has made. Very nice indeed. I'm at work, so gotta go. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

Priscilla said...

Just love the sun! Thanks for sharing this kit.

Tanya said...

hi
this is a lovely kit and i have posted a link on my site and also a layout i have scrapped
xx

Anonymous said...

Hello and Thank you for these beautiful downloads...
Linda

Bright Eyes said...

Kyra, love reading your blog and keeping up with what is going on in your life. You are a Ray of Sunlight for all of us. Thanks for the darling kit.