Monday, January 09, 2012

Nice weekend, all together

Goodmorning everybody!

After posting Friday, I got dressed, Jan and I got ourselves a cup of coffee and then Jan started to get all the boxes down to put in the Christmas stuff. We cleared away a lot, just the manger and the tree had one more day. It sure looked already quite different in the room!
Saturday morning I did the tree and manger, all was nicely in their boxes, Jan helped to re-organize the room a bit and put away the boxes. When he did that, I was out to get me some groceries, it was a quick tour, just to get the necessary. When back home I pulled out the vacuum cleaner and the room looked nice again. Also the washing machine was in full process, with all the plaids and napkins etc. in it from Christmas, so that I can put them away fresh and well for next Christmas.
We did the clearing in a slow tempo, but it sure is done much quicker than the decorating!
And yesterday was my birthday. Oh we didn;t do anything special, I just finally could unwrapped a present from my friend Edna, that she already sent me together with the Christmaspresents. And if the real cold would come, I have noneed to be concerned to go out, she send me a lovely set of a cap, shawl, and gloves in a lovely teal colour with white embroidery one it. Got some sweet mails, and telephone calls and in the afternoon my friend Heidi and Séverine came by for a little birthday visit. Thanks also everyone who left me a little birthdaywish here! So no big party, but cosy at home and I loved it.
There even was speedskating, the European Championships, on tv, so what else could I wish for LOL?
And our best male skater, Sven Kramer, back after a long period of absence due to an injury, is really back again! He's European Champion allround speedskating again!Yeah!!!!

Well, all the holiday fuss is over again, we'll have to look forward again and hope for a good year. For a lot of people it will be a difficult year, I am sure, talking of finances. There still is a financial crisis going on, and the effects of it will be felt everywhere. No, I will not start a depressive talk, we will just have to see what this year will bring us and undergo it ROFL.
Okay, time to get a few things done here, e.g. I have some ironing to do, not one of the favourite things, grin grin, but needed. And perhaps I can work a bit today on a new started kit.
This little kit is a bit inspired by the soft weather we had till now. Perhaps you visit my friend Enda's blog sometimes and saw she made a couple of lovely pictures of a rose, that still was blooming so late in the year. Well, I have a bush with white roses and it still has some roses blooming too! Unbelievable! So hoorray for the strong roses and I've made a kit with roses named "The Rose Corner".
Have a wonderful day!
Download    HERE

3 comments:

Edna B said...

Kyra, I'm so glad that you had a lovely birthday. How wonderful that you have roses blooming too. I think it is fantastic that some plants could last so long and be cheery for us. It makes the winter go by quickly. I'm at work and have to get busy here. You have a wonderful day. Hugs, Edna B.

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 7 post on Jan. 09, 2012. Thanks again.

Unknown said...

Such a pretty kit Thank you and Happy Birthday!