Monday, January 23, 2012

I made up a little yesterday for lost time

Goodmorning everybody!

The last couple of days I was feeling okay again, so Friday I could do some grocerie shopping, but kept quiet the rest of the day, just to be sure. Saturday was a nice quiet day too, even took a little nap in the afternoon and di some designing at the computer. Oh Friday evening was the final of the Voice of Holland and to my astonishment my favourite won! A girl of 19 years old, with a real pleasant voice and she also plays the harp! It's Iris Kroes who won and I wish her a brilliant carreer! I even have a link for you where you can see and hear her, it's of the semi final of The Voice, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovw8lJflJp4

Yesterday I made up a little for the "lost"time during the week LOL! I changed the bed duvet covers and sheets, let the washing machine do it's work, then I made us some stewing pears for desert and already prepared the sauce for the pasta we were to eat for dinner. It's a kind of Stroganoff sauce, adapted it a little my way.
You take an onion, cut in small dices, with some garlic cut very small, bit of oil in a pan and start frying the onion with garlic. When they are almost ready, you put in some minced meat, add some pepper and salt and let that fry, keep stirring. You take a red paprika, cut that in not too small squares, and add that to the pan. Don;t set the fire too high, it has to fry a bit slow. Take some small tomatoes, cut out the "green top" and then cut the tomatoes in dices, add that to the pan. I also added some spring onion to it and and mushrooms, if you like you could add even some olives, or courgette to it. When all is about ready, you could add some crème fraiche to it, keep stirring.
You can do all this in advance or at the same time your pasta is cooking. I took the "penne"this time.
Well, put some pasta on a plate, add a nice quantity of the sauce and if you like add some parmezan cheese on top. Not a very complicated, but tasty meal. Next time I will make a little green salad to it, it will be perfect then.

It wasn't one of Jan's favourite meals, LOL (he isn;t much of a pasta eater), but he said the sauce wasn;t too bad. But I have to admit that my hubby isn't a "difficult"eater. Of course he has his preferences, but he seldom is complaining about the food. What a guy! In general I cook straight forward dinners, but at times I like to try something new, and not always a new recipe turns out the way it should LOL! I suppose I am lucky to have a hubby who eats almost everything and isn;t too afraid to try something different.

It's getting time to move around a bit here, the house needs a good vacuum cleaning and there's always to find another job, sigh! But at least the sun is showing every now and then, it makes the world look a lot friendlier.
If it stays this way we might even make a quick visit to the market later this afternoon.
And now it's freebie time again. Hope you can use this kit "Bellezza".
Have a great day!
Download     HERE

8 comments:

Edna B said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better. Having the sunshine also helps a lot. I always have more energy when the sun is shining. Don't over exert yourself. The housework will always be there. Your pasta sauce sounds quite good. Mmmmm. A big bowl of pasta would taste very good right now! You have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 5 post on Jan. 23, 2012. Thanks again.

VJ's Scrap Room said...

Good morning Kyra:)
Wish we had some sunshine here this morning.Enjoy it while you can.:)We have thunderstorms that moved in over night and it's still raining here. Fortunately the really bad weather has missed us and gone further south.Not that I wish harm to anyone else.KWIM? :)
I LOVE your kit..the colors are soo pretty too.:)Thank you so much for sharing with me!
Your pasta dish sounds interesting.I too try different things and like you..sometimes they don't turn out like I thought they would.LOL It's fun to experiment though.:)
You are right..that singer is really good.:)
Have a wonderful day my friend!

Hugs,
Valinda

Love crafts forever said...

STUNNING!!!!!!! Thank you.
Hugs Nataliya

Karen Lewis said...

Lovely colours - thank you. :-)

KW said...

Oh, how wonderful this kit is. Love the shades of raspberry, burgandy, and deep pink. The frames are remarkable and the papers are perfect. Thanks again for sharing with us.

Anonymous said...

What a delightful kit thank you so much for sharing.

Kay W. said...

Kyra, used your kit today for a Hertiage page - from my childhood. Hope you likie it.