Friday, December 30, 2011

The year is almost done with!

Goodmorning everybody!

I am happy to say, that the things I planned to do yesterday, have been done. Did some of the necessary shopping(boring stuff), changed the duvet on the bedinto two seperate ones(because the big one just was too warm), so the beds is nice and fresh again, did the laundry, even did a bit of ironing. Yeah, good girl.
Jan will do the vacuum-cleaning today, I will do a bit of dusting and then we will be ready to enter the new year.
I've had a telephonecall from Heidi on Wednesday, telling me that they were on their way back home already!
Her hubby Danny had a terrible cold and daughter Séverine had probably the flue, so they decided it was better to be at home, in their own environment, and their own beds! I felt so sorry for them, they looked forward to their little vacation and it was spoiled by the flue!
 I will phone them today to hear are they are doing, hopefully they will feel a bit better.

The weather has been a bit "on and off"the last couple of days. Not really cold, but cloudy even raining and I heard a tough wind blowing during the night. But now there is again a bit of sunshine, however I can spot some dark clouds too. If it stays a bit like that, I could make a little walk to the bank, to deposite a bill that has to be paid. And if I do, I also can make a visit to the cheese shop that is in that neighbourhood, to get us some cheese, I hope I will stay strong enough not to buy any French cheese there, they have loads of them and I do like them so much! Not the cheapest to buy but oh so yummie LOL! I might consider to buy us a little piece, and we can eat that perhaps at New Year's eve with a little toast. Hmmmmmm, very attractive idea!
I heard on the news that again this year millions of euros are spent on the fireworks. Incredible, what amount of money people do spent on this! Specially now, with the difficult economics.
We didn;t buy any, but we will be looking from the window to it, I don;t want to go out because of our cats.
And then there will be the traditional New Year's concert from Vienna on New Years Day. We ALWAYS listen and look to it, drinking our coffee, perhaps even in our pyama's, cuddled up on the couch LOL.

This will be the last freebie....... of this year! It's named "Keepsakes" and I think it's a rather versatile kit.
Have a wonderful ending of the year and a good start of the new. If you might shoot some fireworks, please be careful!
See you again on Monday, in 2012!
Download   HERE

4 comments:

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you for this download and all of the freebies you gave to us during 2011. I hope you, Jan and your family have a fantastic 2012...

Edna B said...

It's good to hear that your weather is still fairly good. It makes the Winter go by much quicker. I will be working both New Year's Eve and New Year's night. We have a TV here so I will be able to watch the fireworks on TV.

Kyra, I wish for you and Jan a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year. Hugs, Edna B.

VJ's Scrap Room said...

Good morning Kyra:)
Your evening at home watching the concert in your pajamas sipping your coffee sounds WONDERFUL!

Happy New Year to you and Jan!! May it be your BEST year ever!! :)

Thanks so much for ALL you share my friend!!:)

Huge hugs,
Valinda

Frances Mary said...

I try to leave a thank you with each download but sometimes I am remiss. So thank you for all the wonderful items you gave us this past year. Happy New Year.