Wednesday, June 29, 2011

It was a HOT day!

Goodmorning everybody!

Amazing how the weather can change over just one night! The last two days it was very hot, specially yesterday, when it wasn;t just hot but it felt like a fleece blanket, very humid too!!! So yesterday evening we had thunder and lightning, even during the night(Ididn;t notice that, was sound alseep LOL) and had rain too. In our part it wasn;t so bad yet, but in other parts of Holland they had a real fall of rain, too much in such a short time.
Today it is much cooler, I think temperature has dropped about 10 degrees at least!
But despite of the warmth I managed to clean the windows and wash the curtains at the front side. Yeah, good girl, only didn;t had the courage to do also the outside at the same time. But I think Jan will do that today or tomorrow, sweet guy!

Remember I told you about the challenge on Minky's blog? Well, I did a layout too and as I was priviliged to be sent in advance already the "prize-kit"I also made two quickpages. You can pick them up at Minky's things.
Here is the layout with the challenge kit, made it with a picture of Séverine, I just made the other day.
And here the quickpages:
Jan and I are still on the snail hunt, unbelievable how many of these creatures are living in my garden! In a way it's also a good sign, and you need some of them, as long as they stick to the stuff they CAN eat, they are not nice when they eat the leaves of our sunflowers, salad, or tomatoes or other plants we like to look at of eat from LOL!
Oh, and yesterday we had again a little visitor in our tiny little pond, a toad I suppose, still cannot see sometimes the difference between our toads or frogs, I know, a bit stupid, but what the hell! I just like it to see, they hop in from time to time to cool off a bit.

I started to make a list of plants, I would like to buy, if we can get to the gardencentre and I have to admit, it's a FAR TOO LONG LIST! And I even didn;t finish it. I will have to make choices, and that's sooo difficult! The only salvation for me will be, that the centre will not have all the plants, or the species, I wrote down ROFL!!!!.
Now I have to get moving around, do some shopping, which will be better to do now, while it isn;t so hot anymore.
I have a first part of a kit I named: "Kings and Queens", Friday I will post the second part, okay?
Have a great day!
Download     part 1  HERE

4 comments:

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 5 post on Jun. 29, 2011. Thanks again.

VJ's Scrap Room said...

Good evening Kyra:)
So happy your weather is a bit cooler now since all that rain.:)I should clean my curtains and windows too now that the pollen has let up.:)
Thank you so much for sharing your lovely kit with me.I just may have to do more Renaissance Festival LO's.:)
Hope you have a successful trip to the Garden Center...and I hope you are able to get most of those plants you have on your list.hehe

Hugs,
Valinda

Tammy said...

Your work is beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing it :)

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [30 Jun 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria