Thursday, March 10, 2011

Spring is getting a grip on our brains!

Goodmorning everybody!


Yeah, we did go to the supermarket and I got all kind of things I wrote on a little list(sometimes I make a small shoppinglist, yes) but of course we ended up taking with us a few other things too. But it still was within reason.
First hurdle to take in the supermarket was a collection of flower bulbs, to plant in April or even May and that would flower around September, like dahlia's. Oh my, did they had some beautiful big dahlia's and I couldn't resist buying some. If they will grow they can reach about 1 mtr. height and BIG flowerheads. Something like this:
Aren't they beautiful??? And also Jan was caught by an offer they had, he bought a little mini greenhouse with 6 tiny little pots, soil and seeds from small tomatoes to grow yourself! I found a pic of the offer(there where different kind of things to grow, like sunflowers, kitchen herbs etc).
Now how sweet is that? The little greenhouse is standing already filled and well on the window-sill. Now hoping something will come out of it!

Okay, shopping there was done, but still wanted to buy us some cheese at the little market there. And oh boy, I did get carried away a little bit! Bought us some chunks for different Dutch cheese but also a few French cheese, some goat cheese I adore and another one that should "stink"(yummie, that are the best of taste LOL). So we have enough cheese now for some weeks I suppose! All done so we returned home, where I put away all the things and when I I was done Jan took his greenhouse and planted the seeds. LOL.
I even was a braver girl, I remember now. Just before leaving I gave the house a sweep with the vacuum cleaner. You notice it well that there are also two cats around, specially on the wooden floor it shows!
And at the end of our supermarket travel, I just had time to make a freebielist and already dinner time annouced itself.

Now I think I will stay home today, it doesn;t look so nice outside and they predicted some real hard wind, and you know, that is dangerous for me hahahaha! For dinner I have it easy peasy, cause Jan brought home yesterday evening a big box with soup, freshly made by the owner of the cafe! And believe me, it is just as good as a whole dinner! It's brown-beans soup, filled with all kind of vegetables, chunkies of meat, of potatoes, bits of a smoked sausage, he makes it real yummie! May be we take just a buttered sandwich with it and then our stomachs will be well-filled this evening.
That's about it, folks! The last part of the Shabby French kit will be posted and tomorrow I think I will have a complete kit for download, way different from this one!
Have a great day, don't forget a little smile!
Download      PART 6 HERE

4 comments:

KarenT said...

Thank you for this lovely 6-part kit! I also have to thank you for the delightful daily blogs! I enjoy hearing how people lead their lives, and being from a different country *(I'm in the USA) makes it even more interesting! So thank you for sharing your daily thoughts and activities!

VJ's Scrap Room said...

Good morning Kyra:)
Sounds like you had a wonderful trip to the market and came back will all kinds of delicious goodies!!:)
Your soup sounds so yummy!! I haven't made home made soup in a while and you make me want to do it.. and SOON!!:)I bet you really like seeing Jan come home carrying a box from the cafe.;)Do you send him out and tell him not to come home empty handed?LOL
Thank you so much for sharing your lovely kit.I love Shabby!!
Have a wonderful day and stay out of the wind.I don't want to see you flying past my place!!If I do..I will throw you a rope.hehe

Hugs,
Valinda

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 6 post on Mar. 10, 2011. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [11 Mar 12:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria