Wednesday, March 23, 2011

My fingers start a bit itching!

Goodmorning everybody!

What a wonderful weather it was yesterday! I really was happy to be out for a while, so I did some grocerie shopping and took a tour along the "shopping"street, just because it was so nice in the sun.
Home again I had little sunbathing, with a sandwich in one hand and a garden magazine on the knees.
And I must admit that my fingers start itching again to do some more in the garden. I thnk it would be nice to make a little stone wall in it, at about 3/4 of the lenght of the garden, not high, just like a raised flowerbed. It would break a bit the lenght of the garden and could be the home of some small plants that like to grow in or on a stony environment,  some succulents may be and perhapssome thym, and there are lots of other plants to choose off. But I do need some tiles and bricks for it. As they are busy re-paving the street around the corner I may could ask the workers if I could take some old tiles that are lying around to be picked up. I already did that a few years ago and it was no problem.
For the little wall I just have to staple the tiles and bricks, with some room in between them for the plants and some soil. When you do it well, you don;t have to use mortar.
It's a neat idea to think about.
I also did a bit of designing, almost finished a serie of bragbookpages, only have to make previews and pack them and upload them. And I even made another quickpage for Minky's blog.
I stumbled upon this poem and thought it was so lovely and just right for Spring time.

I have a small kit for you today, about horses. It has been some time ago I made a horse kit, so may be it is useful for somebody. I named it "My Kingdom for a Horse".
Have a sunny day!
Download    HERE

4 comments:

VJ's Scrap Room said...

Good morning Kyra:)
Thanks so much for stopping by to see me.:) LOVE your visits!!
I would also LOVE to see what you do with the tiles in your garden.:)I am almost positive they won't mind you collecting their tiles from their discard piles.:)
The weather has been really nice here this week too ...sunny with a light breeze.:)
Hope you have a wonderful day!!

Hugs,
Valinda

Snowy said...

Whoohooooo....I am baaaaaack !

jzayler said...

Thank you for another adorable kit. My step-daughter is a cowgirl at heart so this will be perfect for her.

I'm jealous! You're out walking in the sunshine and my car is covered in ice! argggg

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [24 Mar 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria