Monday, September 20, 2010

Oh gosh, I had a creative weekend!!!

Goodmorning everybody!

I had a terrific weekend. Already Friday evening, I started with a bit of designing, had suddenly some ideas and then I just have to try it out. And Saturday looked good, concerning the weather. As there was a little fair not far from our home, we went to take a look in the afternoon. Oh my, we had a good laugh there, I'll show you a bit further in the post. But in one of the first stands we passed, hey, we suddenly saw a real nice carpet, just great for our room and for a very small price. Okay, quality might not be that good, but I am sure it will hold several years so we bought it and brought it home. And what a different look the room suddenly has!!! I am sooooo happy with it. I didn;t yet take a picture of it, I will do so somewhere this week.
After placing the carpet we went back to the fair and there we had a laugh, cause we stumpled into a competition of "strong men of South Holland(our province)! They had a competition of truck pulling for couples! It was all about who could pull the truch with ropes in the shortest time over a certain distance to the finish. It was real fun to look and I made a couple of pics from it.
A more closer look at the faces:
And here the truck they had to pull, not a really small one!
We watched it for some time, there were quite some competiters!
As I said it was great weather, nice sunshine, and nice temperature, so after a while we walked on to look what they had on all the stands. If was the usual stuff, of clothes, gadgets, lots of food etc.
I even bought already a little Christmas present for somebody!!! Can't say what it is, it would spoil the surprise for my friend, hahahaa!
Talking about food there always is this stand, of typical Dutch treat: it isn;t know in other countries in this form, but you can best describe it as very littl pancakes, here called"poffertjes", you eat it warm, with some real butter on it that would melt then and lots of icing sugar, yummie!! It's a sweet treat. In the same stand you also can have big wafles.
 And then we passed an always very dangerous shop, that has on these days an enormous offer of..........plants! I took a pic of it, but it's only of a small part of the stuff they had on the street. But.... I was strong and didn;t buy anything, only looked around,drooling adn drooling of course!

So we spent some nice time outside and in the evening watched a bit tv, then Jan went to take a look in the cafe, and that left me in complete tranquility to do a bit on the computer, which went well!
Sunday weather was much less, so we stayd in doing nothing LOL! Well, a bit tc, but that was more for Jan, I spent a lot of time again on the computer. Oh my, I was busy, designing some more, uploading it all , it was a fruitful weekend. I also made a qp for my friend Minky, for her special blog. I'll show you the page, if you might want to have it go to her blog Minky's Things and read all about how you can get the link for download.
In the evening we had a real easy meal, cause Jan received again from the owner of the cafe some salted  herring, some slices of smoked salmon and even some other fish, I had a simple saucage that I fried and made a little salad of sweet orange paprika and radishes. That was quick but oh so yummie!

So after this relaxing weekend today we'll have to do some ordinairy stuff again, shopping for groceries, a quick tour with the vacuumcleaner, such things. But I;ll leve not before I give you the promised freebie. It's a kit I made for the colour challenge at the forum this month. Named"Approaching Autumn"
Now quick another coffee and posting at the forum, then off I must go.
Have a splendid day!
Download    HERE

2 comments:

Edna B said...

Good morming my friend. It sounds like you and Jan had a fantastic day at the fair. I would have had a difficult time walking past those plants without buying some of them. You are very strong.

I love your fairy QP. You are getting so good with your program. It will be time for me to go home soon, only 25 more minutes. You have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 3 post on Sep. 20, 2010. Thanks again.